After the first (mechanization), second (mass production), and third (automation) industrial revolutions, the fourth industrial revolution has arrived on our doorstep and is dubbed the “Internet of Things” (IoT). The IoT will impact every aspect of our lives and the world we live in.
- What does the Industrial Internet of Things mean for the connector market?
- Which (communication) technologies are leading the way?
- Which market sub-sectors are experiencing substantial growth due IoT implementation? Can we quantify the impact of the Industrial IoT on the connector market?
- What are regional shares and growth rates by IIoT sub-sector, for the IIoT market?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market; Industrial IoT as the Driver of Connectivity – Smart Factory – Smart Grid – Smart City examines the Industrial IoT, with a detailed analysis of three key sub-sectors of the Industrial IoT. The report provides information on available communication technologies, applications within the Industrial IoT, and current and potential opportunities for connectors. Tables are included detailing connector potential by sub-sector, region, and connector type. Like previous industrial revolutions, the Industrial IoT has the potential to bring about profound changes. Be ready for the next industrial revolution, order your copy of Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market.
The 2017 North American Cable Assembly Manufacturers report is a 1,200 page report, in PDF format, containing profiles on 1,105 companies in the United States, Canada, and Mexico that manufacture cable assemblies for resale.
The profiles include company name, address, phone number, business manager, website, estimated 2015 worldwide revenues, facility size, manufacturing locations by region of the world, markets served, product types manufactured, agency approvals/certifications, minority business designations, and a brief description of the business.
The report also contains a chapter on the worldwide cable assembly market, and a statistical/high level analysis of the profiles and summary of the information collected.
- What trends are driving growth in the medical equipment sector? What role will demographics play in this growth and how will it affect product design and marketing? What role will technologies like robotics, 5G Ethernet, mobile health (mHealth), or artificial intelligence play in the growth of the medical equipment sector?
- Who are the major connector suppliers to the medical equipment sector and what types of connector products are they supplying? Who are the major medical equipment manufacturers? What role do government regulations play in the design, marketing, and sale of medical equipment? How do regulations affect export and import demands?
- How important are design features such as low insertion force, non-magnetic materials, polarization capabilities, and the ability to handle a variety of contact types, including power, signal, fiber, and fluid?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Medical Electronics Market for Connectors analyzes the many aspects involved in the design, development, approval, and marketing of connectors used in the medical market. Tables are included detailing medical connector market sales by region, by medical equipment sub-sector, and by connector product type for the years 2015 through 2021, including a five-year CAGR. A market sector where failure can literally be the difference between life and death, the medical market for connectors may offer designers and manufactures numerous challenges, but the rewards will generally outweigh the challenges.
- How has the connector industry performed in 2016?
- How is the connector industry anticipated to perform in 2017 and beyond?
- Which markets and sub-sectors showed the most growth in 2016, which markets and sub-sectors will show the most growth by 2021?
- What effect did exchange rates have on the connector industry in 2016?
- Where does connector confidence stand today and how does it compare to connector confidence six months ago?
- What market trends prevailed in 2016, which will prevail in 2017?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Connector Industry Forecast, reviews total world connector sales in 2016 and provides a comprehensive analysis by region and market sector of projected connector sales for 2017 through 2021. Connector sales are broken down by region, market sector and sub-sector, to provide a detailed analysis, in US dollars, of the world connector industry. Be attuned to the markets and sub-sectors that will drive connector sales in 2017 and beyond, order your copy of the Connector Industry Forecast.
Terminal block sales are anticipated to exceed $3B in sales by 2021.
- When selecting a terminal block for a specific application, a particular set of differentiators make this selection easier. What are those differentiators and how do they affect the selection?
- In industrial control applications, what are some of the advantages of using DIN rail mount terminal blocks?
- What terminal block style/type is most prevalent in China, North America, or the Asia Pacific region? In what applications are terminal blocks most predominate?
- Where are terminal blocks used in automotive applications? In computer/peripheral, consumer and instrumentation applications?
- A variety of methods exist for terminating wire to a terminal block or terminating a terminal block to a printed circuit board. What criterion determines the best termination method for an application? Which method, or methods, offer the most secure termination? Which offer the quickest termination, or the most economical termination?
Be prepared for the opportunities ahead, order your copy of The World Market for Terminal Blocks today.
What potential effect will new and innovative technologies have on electronic interconnects in the years to come?
- What does the future hold for copper, fiber, and wireless interconnects? Will one outpace the other?
- Which innovative technologies have the potential to drastically change the traditional process for new electronic interconnect development?
- Can existing connector design and manufacturing technology produce connectors that will satisfy future application requirements via sustaining innovation?
- Will the convergence of potentially disruptive technologies appearing on the horizon begin to obsolete many traditional interconnects as we know them?
- What new technical requirements may spur the interconnect industry to take a more proactive role in the development of interconnect technology?
The evolution of connector design has traditionally followed a well-developed path. A need is recognized, a product designed, and the growth cycle begins. Will new innovations, their rate of adoption, and the technologies they represent change this path? Examining 10 potentially disruptive technologies, and their effect on traditional copper, fiber and wireless interconnect, is Bishop & Associates newest research report, Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects. Don’t let the past define your path to the future, order your copy of the Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects today.
The second largest end-use equipment sector, the telecom market is anticipated to have connector sales of more than $11 billion in 2016, and $16 billion by 2021.
- What factors will contribute to this growth? Will these same factors continue to drive this end-use equipment sector?
- Which region will show the greatest increase over the forecast period? Will any of the regions show a decline?
- Within the five primary telecom equipment categories, where is the greatest potential for growth. Which primary equipment category has the greatest potential for a decline over the forecast period?
- During the forecast period, which of the various telecom equipment categories has the greatest probability of growth, of decline?
- Which connector types will benefit the most from an increase in telecom connector sales? Will any connector types see a decrease in demand?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth? The greatest year-over-year decline?
An end-use equipment market that is highly influenced by consumer behavior, the telecom connector market is the second largest market for connectors. The factors and trends driving this sector and the telecom equipment types that will benefit from this growth are presented in this new business intelligence report from industry leader, Bishop & Associates. The report provides analyses by primary equipment group, equipment type, region, and connector type, and includes detailed statistics of the world telecom connector market. Be prepared for the explosive growth in the telecom connector market, order your copy of the World Telecom Connector Market 2016 – 2021.
Did you know that in 2015, the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers accounted for more than 91% of the total electronic connector market?
- Who were the top 10 connector manufacturers in total sales?
- What percentage of sales did the top 10 connector manufacturers account for? The top 50?
- Which connector manufacturers had the greatest sales in the automotive sector, the industrial sector, or the computer and peripherals sector?
- Who was the leader in fiber optic connector sales, RF connector sales, or circular connector sales?
- By location of headquarters, in which region do the largest connector manufacturers reside?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth? The greatest year-over-year decline?
By 2020 there will be more than 50 billion devices connected to the Internet in some way, shape, or form. While most of these “things” will be connected wirelessly, they will still give rise to equipment that communicates and saves all the data that is being collected.
- How will the increase in equipment needed to support the Internet of Things (IoT) impact the telecom connector industry? How will IoT applications in the computer and consumer industry affect the growth of the telecom industry?
- Within the consumer, computer, and telecom sectors, what types of equipment will be impacted the most? Among connector types, which connectors will see the greatest growth and which connector types may see a decline in demand?
- Which regions will most likely be affected by these changes, and will there be a switch in market dynamics as we see them today?
- What role will technologies like near-field communications, RFID, Wi-Fi (including WiGig), and other wireless technologies like Visual Light Communication and TransferJet play in the growth of the IoT?
- What data and telecom communication technologies have broadened and enhanced the host of mobile devices available today? What technologies lie on the horizon?
This report focuses on the telecom/datacom sector, and how the IoT intertwines applications within the consumer and computer sectors through the expansion and growth of the telecom industry. IoT’s Impact on the Telecom Connector Industry examines the equipment and connector types within these sectors most likely to be influenced by the IoT. The report offers a quantitative analysis by region, sector, equipment type, and predominant connector type, allowing those most affected by the growth of the IoT to accurately position themselves. Don’t be caught offline – order your copy today.