- How did the connector industry perform in 2015?
- How is the connector industry anticipated to perform in 2016 and beyond?
- Which markets and sub-sectors will show the most growth in 2016, in 2021?
- What affect did exchange rates have on the connector industry in 2015?
- Historically, how did 2015’s performance affect demand?
- What market trends will prevail in 2016 and beyond and why?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Connector Industry Forecast reviews total world connector sales in 2015 and provides a comprehensive analysis by region and market sector for projected connector sales from 2016 through 2021. With connector sales broken down by region, market sector and sub-sector, this report provides a detailed analysis in US dollars of the world connector industry.
In the past 10 years, the connector industry has grown at a compound annual growth rate of 3.1%.
- Which regions drove this growth?
- What end-use equipment sectors contributed to this growth and which sectors lost ground?
- Which product types gained the greatest market share and which product types lost market share?
- Which regions, product types, and end-use equipment sectors are aligned to show the most growth in 2016?
By 2020 there will be more than 50 billion devices connected to the Internet in some way, shape, or form. While most of these “things” will be connected wirelessly, they will still give rise to equipment that communicates and saves all the data that is being collected.
- How will the increase in equipment needed to support the Internet of Things (IoT) impact the connector industry?
- Within the consumer, computer, and telecom sectors, what types of equipment will be impacted the most? Among connector types, which connectors will see the greatest growth and which connector types may see a decline in demand?
- Which regions will most likely be affected by these changes, and will there be a switch in market dynamics as we see them today?
- What role will technologies like near-field communications, RFID, Wi-Fi (including WiGig), and other wireless technologies like Visual Light Communication and TransferJet play in the growth of the IoT?
- What data and telecom communication technologies have broadened and enhanced the host of mobile devices available today? What technologies lie on the horizon?
For the last 10 years Airbus and Boeing have sold and built planes at a record pace. Will this continue into the next decade, or is there change in the air?
- Are Airbus and Boeing positioned to handle an increase in commercial aircraft, which analysts say will be necessary to satisfy future demand?
- Will Airbus and Boeing continue to reign as leaders in the air, or will increased competition from other aircraft manufacturers chip away at this empire?
- Which regions or countries are most likely to profit from increased demand? How will this affect the connector suppliers supporting the civil aviation market?
- What peripheral markets are driven by the civil aviation market? How will technology changes, such as increased computerization, robots, and outsourcing, affect this industry?
- What connector types are poised to show significant growth as the industry expands? What connectors will be used in additional passenger conveniences? Or used in applications to decrease fuel consumption? And, what connections will be needed as drones and spacecraft are commercialized?
In 2015, an Estimated 30 Billion Connectors were used in the Manufacturing of PCs, Tablets and Smartphones!
- Will PCs, tablets or smartphones show the most growth in units going forward? In connector sales dollars?
- Will the convergence of these three alter the mindset of the consumer, the manufacturer, the designer or the connector supplier?
- Which regions or countries are most likely to profit from this convergence? Which ones have the most to lose?
- Who were the manufacturing leaders in PCs, tablets, and smartphones? Are there potential new players on the horizon that could alter this present lineup?
- What type of affect will continued system integration, fewer I/O ports, and direct attach of CPU and DRAM have on the number of connectors used?
- What role will wearables, like the smartwatch play in this market?
Did you know that in 2014 the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers accounted for more than 90% of the total electronic connector market?
- Who are the top 10 connector manufacturers in total sales?
- What percentage of sales did the top 10 connector manufacturers account for, and how did the top 50 connector manufacturers fare?
- Which connector manufacturers had the greatest sales in the automotive sector, the industrial sector, or the computer and peripherals sector?
- Who was the leader in fiber optic connector sales? RF connector sales? Or circular connector sales?
- By location of headquarters, in which region do the largest connector manufacturers reside?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth?