- How did the connector industry perform in 2017?
- How is the connector industry anticipated to perform in 2018 and beyond?
- Which markets and sub-sectors will show the most growth in 2018, in 2023?
- What outside factors affected connector growth in 2017? What factors may affect growth in 2018 and beyond?
- Historically, how did 2017’s performance impact demand? How did currency fluctuations impact sales dollars?
- What market and sales trends will prevail in 2018 and beyond and why?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Connector Industry Forecast reviews total world connector sales in 2017 and provides a comprehensive analysis by region and market sector of projected connector sales for 2018 through 2023. With connector sales broken down by region, market sector and sub-sector, this report provides a detailed analysis in US dollars of the world connector industry. Understand the markets and sub-sectors that will drive connector sales in 2018 and beyond, order your copy of the Connector Industry Forecast.
- What functions do sensors perform? What applications utilize sensors? What are the fastest growing applications for electronic sensors?
- What is driving the interest in sensors by connector manufacturers? What advantages can connector manufacturers bring to the sensor market? What is the synergy between connectors and sensors?
- Who are the current leaders in the electronic sensor industry? What is the global market value of electronic sensors? What is the global market forecast for electronic sensors over the next five-years?
Bishop & Associates latest research report, Connector Manufacturers Connect to Sensors explores the technology, products, and range of emerging applications for electronic sensors, as well as the synergy between the sensor and connector industries. Chapters are devoted to reviewing the many types of sensors and the technologies they utilize as well as the many applications that utilize sensors. The emerging role that sensors play in four specific large market applications including automotive, Internet of Things (IoT), medical, and industrial control are discussed in depth. Additional chapters are devoted to exploring emerging trends and applications that will be impacting the market for electronic sensors as well as a chapter that defines market values of electronic sensors by market sector and region of the world along with five-year compound average growth rate projections.
- How did the RF coax connector market perform in 2017? How is it anticipated to perform in 2018 and beyond? What markets and geographical regions present the greatest potential for growth in RF (coaxial) connectors and why?
- How does the increase in frequency influence design, production tolerances, test equipment and cost?
- Which specific RF coax connector families and product types are projected to show the highest growth and how are connector manufacturers addressing this potential increase or decrease in demand?
Bishop & Associates latest research report, World RF Coax Connector Market 2018 presents the latest market information, trends, RF connector technology, and application information. RF coax connector sales for the years 2016, 2017, 2018F, and 2023F are provided by RF connector family and type, worldwide and by region of the world. Predictions include effects of trends for higher frequencies, broader application bandwidths, and international shifts. With a forecasted CAGR of XX.X% from 2018 to 2023, growth of the world RF coax connector market exceeds many other connector types.
Major changes are currently underway for coaxial connectors and applications, understand and prepare your company and customers for these changes by ordering your copy of World RF Coax Connector Market 2018.
What are the growth markets and regions for cable assemblies in the next five years?
- Which regions, markets, and cable assembly types have the highest growth prospects?
- What technical and economic trends are affecting the cable assembly industry?
- What cable assembly types are being used by market sector and region?
- Where should business investments be focused?
2018 World Cable Assembly Market, a new research report from industry leader Bishop & Associates, addresses these questions and many more. This 17-chapter, 219-page report provides a detailed analysis in US dollars for the years 2017 through 2023, by region, end-use equipment sector, and cable assembly type. Our analysis is provided numerically and graphically, allowing the reader to easily view and understand upcoming trends.
Constantly evolving technology is having a profound effect on the design and implementation of cable assemblies. Discover which cable assemblies will benefit most from this evolution and where to focus investments. Order your copy of 2018 World Cable Assembly Market now.
Important in nearly every aspect of the connector industry, fiber optic technologies are playing an increasingly key role in the future growth of the connector industry.
- Which fiber optic connector and assembly types currently dominate the market? Will this change in the next five years?
- Which fiber optic connector types will exhibit strongest growth over the next five-years? What fiber optic connector types will show the least growth?
- What applications are driving the growth of fiber optic connectors and assemblies?
- In which market sector are fiber optic connectors and assemblies most prevalent? Will this change over the next five-years? What types of applications within this sector are driving this growth?
- Which suppliers are best aligned to address this growing market?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Fiber Optic Connector and Cable Assembly Market 2017-2022, provides answers to these questions and others. A product type that is finding application in every market sector, fiber optic connectors are forecasted to be one of the strongest growing connector types over the next five-years. What are the market trends? What technology developments lead to new FO connector design? And in which regions will the greatest growth occur? Make sure your company is prepared as the market for fiber optic connectors explodes, order your copy of Fiber Optic Connector and Cable Assembly Market 2017-2022.
In 2017, connectors used in the automotive end-use equipment sector accounted for 23.9% of all electronic connectors, up from 23.6% in 2016.
- How does this compare to five years ago? Ten years ago?
- How have other end-use equipment sectors performed over the last decade? How are they anticipated to perform five-years from now?
- Which product types gained the greatest market share and which product types lost market share?
- Which regions, product types, and end-use equipment sectors are aligned to show the most growth in 2018? Which are aligned to show the least growth?
Analyzing the connector industry from 2008 through 2017, with a preliminary 2018 and 2023 forecast, Bishop & Associates research report, The World Connector Market Handbook, details the connector industry by region, end-use equipment sector, and product type. Utilizing tables and graphs, key statistics are provided for total world, as well as by individual region. Growing 11.0% in 2017, the connector industry for the first time ever has surpassed $60 billion. Some regions have performed better than others, while some market sectors and product types have also undergone significant changes. What are these changes and will they continue, potentially changing the overall performance of individual market sectors, regions and the connector industry as a whole?
Track and monitor the ways in which the connector industry has changed and grown over the last decade – order your copy of The World Connector Market Handbook.
IC sockets have been used for many years for different, evolving reasons. Since sockets add to material costs, no one would use them unless they had a good reason – or are basically following a standard operating procedure that has worked for previous generations.
With the advent of modern digital circuitry and increasing importance of mobile electronics, socket use has waned somewhat. In recent years, this is also due to advances in surface mount technology, mated height restrictions, lower procurement and system assembly cost versus socketing.
Then, why would anyone socket? A number of reasons apply and include:
- Costly and somewhat fragile, ICs can be spared the heat and mechanical stresses associated with automated circuit board assembly.
- Sockets can be ‘quarantined’ in special theft-proof lockers, catalogued for specific circuit board use, and installed by trained technicians.
- Sockets can even be installed at final system configuration and test, so as to further insure their proper use and potentially avoid tariffs or duties imposed by foreign governments.
Worldwide the third largest market sector, the computer and computer peripheral market, generated $8.4 billion in connector sales in 2017. Covering a variety of equipment types including desktop computers, mobile computers (laptops and tablets), servers, storage equipment, and computer peripherals, the computer market is presently undergoing a major change which will challenge OEMs and suppliers alike.
- What is triggering and driving this change?
- What role is cloud computing and public data centers playing in this change?
- How is the transfer of hardware procurement and installation changing?
- How will this change affect the traditional role of the connector manufacturer?
- What role will photonics play in future computer systems?
Bishop & Associates latest research report, Computer Market and Big Data Systems and Connectors 2017 to 2022 and Beyond provides the answers to these questions and more. The report looks at current connectors and systems and examines present and future factors which are anticipated to change the way we develop, market, procure and install these products. Understand this change and be prepared for it, order your copy of Bishop & Associates last research report Computer Market and Big Data Systems and Connectors 2017 to 2022 and Beyond.
In 2016, Industry Sales of Cable Assemblies Totaled Nearly $140 Billion!
- Who came out on top?
- What countries were home to these companies?
- What were their total sales by region?
- How much of the industry do the Top 100 represent?
Know your competitors and know your acquisition targets. Who are the biggest companies out there in the worldwide cable assembly industry? How might they impact you or help you?
The market for high-speed backplane connectors continues to evolve. Although relatively few entirely new backplane connector families have been introduced over the last few years, existing flagship interfaces have continued to experience performance upgrades. In many cases, the manufacturers of these advanced connector families have spent this time implementing some fine tuning of their design as well as filling out their product family offerings to include midplane, orthogonal midplane, orthogonal direct and cable backplane options.
Bishop and Associates’ newest research report analyzes the expanding role and market for high-speed traditional, midplane, orthogonal, cable, ruggedized, and fiber optic backplane connectors designed to perform in the 6 to 50+ Gb/s arena. The report reviews the basic technology underlying high-speed backplane connectors and outlines current and anticipated applications that demand them. Detailed analysis compares performance of high-speed backplane connectors from leading suppliers, as well as the challenges designers face in predicting connector performance in very specific applications.
The report also reviews related system elements including driver and receiver technology, printed circuit board materials and design, as well as channel modeling, design support, second sourcing imperatives, and performance measurement systems.
The growth of mobile Internet users is undeniable. One million new mobile Internet users are added to the network every single day. While the wireless network still supports 2G and 3G, 4G will be the dominant access technology worldwide by 2018. By 2022, there will be nearly 500 million subscriptions of 5G globally.
The wireless infrastructure market is evolving. While mobile operators must maintain their 2G and 3G networks, they are also busy upgrading as much of them as they can to LTE and LTE-A now and 5G in the next few years. Thus we are now starting to see entirely new types of equipment.
The World Market for Connectors Used in Mobile Network Infrastructure Equipment report covers connectors used in telecommunications network equipment that supports mobile communications. The specific purpose of this report is to highlight likely new business opportunities for connector manufacturers. It will also discuss the various technologies being used in mobile infrastructure systems, the equipment involved and the connectivity products needed to support all of them.
Did you know? In 2016, the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers Accounted for More Than 93% of the Total Electronic Connector Market!
- Who were the top 10 connector manufacturers in total sales?
- What percentage of sales did the top 10 connector manufacturers account for, the top 50 connector manufacturers?
- Which connector manufacturers had the greatest sales in the automotive sector, the industrial sector or the computer and peripherals sector?
- Who was the leader in fiber optic connector sales, RF connector sales or circular connector sales?
- By location of headquarters, in which region do the largest connector manufacturers reside?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth, the greatest year-over-year decline?
Providing answers to these questions and many more is Bishop & Associates newest research report, Top 100 Connector Manufacturers for 2016. A report that analyses by region, market sector and product type the top 100 connector manufacturers of 2016, this report provides detailed statistics that benchmark the leading connector manufacturers. Know the connector companies that made the greatest impact in 2016, order your copy of the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers.
Is Your Company Prepared As 100G Expands in the Gigabit Market?
Is your company prepared for the changes in the Gigabit and above market? The High-Speed Data Communications Connectivity Market – 2017 and Beyond – focuses on the key issues and trends that will drive these changes.
This report analyses:
- What the shift to 40/100G means to the data center operator and the role that Fibre Channel and InfiniBand will play in this shift.
- How top-of-rack (ToR) switching is affecting the network infrastructure.
- Provides a detailed assessment of the key connector and cable assemblers in this market – Bel Connectivity, CommScope, Corning, Telegärtner, and many others – their current and anticipated products and how they compare with mega connector and cable assembler’s like Amphenol, Molex and TE Connectivity.
After the first (mechanization), second (mass production), and third (automation) industrial revolutions, the fourth industrial revolution has arrived on our doorstep and is dubbed the “Internet of Things” (IoT). The IoT will impact every aspect of our lives and the world we live in.
- What does the Industrial Internet of Things mean for the connector market?
- Which (communication) technologies are leading the way?
- Which market sub-sectors are experiencing substantial growth due IoT implementation? Can we quantify the impact of the Industrial IoT on the connector market?
- What are regional shares and growth rates by IIoT sub-sector, for the IIoT market?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market; Industrial IoT as the Driver of Connectivity – Smart Factory – Smart Grid – Smart City examines the Industrial IoT, with a detailed analysis of three key sub-sectors of the Industrial IoT. The report provides information on available communication technologies, applications within the Industrial IoT, and current and potential opportunities for connectors. Tables are included detailing connector potential by sub-sector, region, and connector type. Like previous industrial revolutions, the Industrial IoT has the potential to bring about profound changes. Be ready for the next industrial revolution, order your copy of Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market.
- What trends are driving growth in the medical equipment sector? What role will demographics play in this growth and how will it affect product design and marketing? What role will technologies like robotics, 5G Ethernet, mobile health (mHealth), or artificial intelligence play in the growth of the medical equipment sector?
- Who are the major connector suppliers to the medical equipment sector and what types of connector products are they supplying? Who are the major medical equipment manufacturers? What role do government regulations play in the design, marketing, and sale of medical equipment? How do regulations affect export and import demands?
- How important are design features such as low insertion force, non-magnetic materials, polarization capabilities, and the ability to handle a variety of contact types, including power, signal, fiber, and fluid?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Medical Electronics Market for Connectors analyzes the many aspects involved in the design, development, approval, and marketing of connectors used in the medical market. Tables are included detailing medical connector market sales by region, by medical equipment sub-sector, and by connector product type for the years 2015 through 2021, including a five-year CAGR. A market sector where failure can literally be the difference between life and death, the medical market for connectors may offer designers and manufactures numerous challenges, but the rewards will generally outweigh the challenges.