- What is the biggest driver of productivity and growth in industrial markets over the next decade? What growth rates can we expect from the industrial market from 2018 through 2023?
- How do the traditional industrial markets such “Industrial Automation & Process Control”, “Machine Tools, Machinery and Robotics”, “Building & Civil Engineering”, “Energy Markets” and “Heavy Equipment” relate to smart factories, smart grid, and smart cities?
- What factors are driving the growth of smart factories, smart cities, and the smart grid? How are these intertwined and what role will communication protocols play?
- What communication protocols are most prominent in the industrial market sector? By application, which protocols are anticipated to show the greatest growth and why?
- Which connector type is anticipated to show the most growth during the five-year period 2018 through 2023? Which industrial segments and which regions will show highest growth rates?
- How is the connector industry anticipated to perform in 2018? How does this compare to performance in 2017? How does it compare to anticipated performance in 2019?
- Which markets and sub-sectors will show the greatest growth in 2018, in 2023?
- What outside factors are affecting connector growth in 2018? What factors may affect growth in 2019 and beyond?
- Historically, how is 2018’s performance impacting demand? How are currency fluctuations impacting 2018 in sales dollars?
- What market and sales trends will prevail in 2018 and beyond and why?
Prepare your company to participate in the markets and sub-sectors that will drive connector sales through 2023, order your copy of the Connector Industry Forecast today.
Many paradigm shifts are coming as the connector industry enters its 75th year.
- What role will silicon photonics, optical waveguides, and single-mode fiber optic interconnects play as the industry moves beyond copper?
- What areas of the transportation sector will present the greatest challenges going forward – autonomous vehicles, EV/PHEV, advanced public transportation, driverless trucks, or ultra-high-speed rail?
- What role will the robotics revolution play in the growth of the manufacturing industry, and how will interconnects fit into this growth?
- What relationship exists between the growth of the semiconductor industry and the growth and expansion of the connector industry?
- What technology trends have the potential to disrupt growth in the information technology sector?
Acquisitions and mergers over the last several decades have dramatically changed the landscape of the connector, cable, and cable assembly market.
- How have acquisitions changed the standing of the top 10 connector manufacturers? The top 50 or the top 100 connector manufacturers?
- How have acquisitions affected the technology, market, and product focus of connector manufacturers? Cable manufacturers and cable assembly manufacturers?
- Which manufacturers have made the greatest number of acquisitions?
- Which year accounted for the greatest number of acquisitions? Which year had the fewest acquisitions?
- What type of acquisitions; manufacturer, distributor, or private equity produced the greatest change in the market?
In 2017, the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers Accounted for over 94% of the Total Electronic Connector Market.
- Who were the top 100 connector manufacturers in total sales?
- Who were the top 10 connector manufacturers and what percentage of the market did they account for in 2017, the top 50 connector manufacturers?
- Which connector manufacturers had the greatest sales in the automotive sector, the industrial sector or the computer and peripherals sector?
- Who was the leader in fiber optic connector sales, RF connector sales or circular connector sales?
- By location of headquarters or base of origin, in which region do the largest connector manufacturers reside?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth, the greatest year-over-year decline?
- What functions do sensors perform? What applications utilize sensors? What are the fastest growing applications for electronic sensors?
- What is driving the interest in sensors by connector manufacturers? What advantages can connector manufacturers bring to the sensor market? What is the synergy between connectors and sensors?
- Who are the current leaders in the electronic sensor industry? What is the global market value of electronic sensors? What is the global market forecast for electronic sensors over the next five-years?
- How did the RF coax connector market perform in 2017? How is it anticipated to perform in 2018 and beyond? What markets and geographical regions present the greatest potential for growth in RF (coaxial) connectors and why?
- How does the increase in frequency influence design, production tolerances, test equipment and cost?
- Which specific RF coax connector families and product types are projected to show the highest growth and how are connector manufacturers addressing this potential increase or decrease in demand?
What are the growth markets and regions for cable assemblies in the next five years?
- Which regions, markets, and cable assembly types have the highest growth prospects?
- What technical and economic trends are affecting the cable assembly industry?
- What cable assembly types are being used by market sector and region?
- Where should business investments be focused?
Important in nearly every aspect of the connector industry, fiber optic technologies are playing an increasingly key role in the future growth of the connector industry.
- Which fiber optic connector and assembly types currently dominate the market? Will this change in the next five years?
- Which fiber optic connector types will exhibit strongest growth over the next five-years? What fiber optic connector types will show the least growth?
- What applications are driving the growth of fiber optic connectors and assemblies?
- In which market sector are fiber optic connectors and assemblies most prevalent? Will this change over the next five-years? What types of applications within this sector are driving this growth?
- Which suppliers are best aligned to address this growing market?
In 2017, connectors used in the automotive end-use equipment sector accounted for 23.9% of all electronic connectors, up from 23.6% in 2016.
- How does this compare to five years ago? Ten years ago?
- How have other end-use equipment sectors performed over the last decade? How are they anticipated to perform five-years from now?
- Which product types gained the greatest market share and which product types lost market share?
- Which regions, product types, and end-use equipment sectors are aligned to show the most growth in 2018? Which are aligned to show the least growth?
IC sockets have been used for many years for different, evolving reasons. Since sockets add to material costs, no one would use them unless they had a good reason – or are basically following a standard operating procedure that has worked for previous generations.
With the advent of modern digital circuitry and increasing importance of mobile electronics, socket use has waned somewhat. In recent years, this is also due to advances in surface mount technology, mated height restrictions, lower procurement and system assembly cost versus socketing.
Worldwide the third largest market sector, the computer and computer peripheral market, generated $8.4 billion in connector sales in 2017. Covering a variety of equipment types including desktop computers, mobile computers (laptops and tablets), servers, storage equipment, and computer peripherals, the computer market is presently undergoing a major change which will challenge OEMs and suppliers alike.
- What is triggering and driving this change?
- What role is cloud computing and public data centers playing in this change?
- How is the transfer of hardware procurement and installation changing?
- How will this change affect the traditional role of the connector manufacturer?
- What role will photonics play in future computer systems?
In 2016, Industry Sales of Cable Assemblies Totaled Nearly $140 Billion!
- Who came out on top?
- What countries were home to these companies?
- What were their total sales by region?
- How much of the industry do the Top 100 represent?
Know your competitors and know your acquisition targets. Who are the biggest companies out there in the worldwide cable assembly industry? How might they impact you or help you?
This report analyzes the expanding role and market for high-speed traditional, midplane, orthogonal, cable, ruggedized, and fiber optic backplane connectors designed to perform in the 6 to 50+ Gb/s arena. The report reviews the basic technology underlying high-speed backplane connectors and outlines current and anticipated applications that demand them. Detailed analysis compares performance of high-speed backplane connectors from leading suppliers, as well as the challenges designers face in predicting connector performance in very specific applications. The report also reviews related system elements including driver and receiver technology, printed circuit board materials and design, as well as channel modeling, design support, second sourcing imperatives, and performance measurement systems.
Is Your Company Prepared As 100G Expands in the Gigabit Market?
Is your company prepared for the changes in the Gigabit and above market? The High-Speed Data Communications Connectivity Market – 2017 and Beyond – focuses on the key issues and trends that will drive these changes.
This report analyses:
- What the shift to 40/100G means to the data center operator and the role that Fibre Channel and InfiniBand will play in this shift.
- How top-of-rack (ToR) switching is affecting the network infrastructure.
- Provides a detailed assessment of the key connector and cable assemblers in this market – Bel Connectivity, CommScope, Corning, Telegärtner, and many others – their current and anticipated products and how they compare with mega connector and cable assembler’s like Amphenol, Molex and TE Connectivity.
After the first (mechanization), second (mass production), and third (automation) industrial revolutions, the fourth industrial revolution has arrived on our doorstep and is dubbed the “Internet of Things” (IoT). The IoT will impact every aspect of our lives and the world we live in.
- What does the Industrial Internet of Things mean for the connector market?
- Which (communication) technologies are leading the way?
- Which market sub-sectors are experiencing substantial growth due IoT implementation? Can we quantify the impact of the Industrial IoT on the connector market?
- What are regional shares and growth rates by IIoT sub-sector, for the IIoT market?