Connector Industry Forecast
- How is the connector industry performing in 2017?
- How is the connector industry anticipated to perform in 2018 and beyond?
- Which markets and sub-sectors are showing the most growth in 2017, in 2022?
- What outside factors affected connector growth in 2016? In 2017?
- Historically, how is 2017’s performance impacting demand?
- What market trends will prevail in 2018 and beyond and why?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Connector Industry Forecast reviews total world connector sales in 2017 and provides a comprehensive analysis by region and market sector of connector sales for 2017 and projected sales through 2022. With connector sales broken down by region, market sector and sub-sector, this report provides a detailed analysis in US dollars of the world connector industry. Be attuned to the markets and sub-sectors that will drive connector sales in 2017 and beyond, order your copy of the Connector Industry Forecast.
Top 100 Cable Assembly Companies
In 2016, Industry Sales of Cable Assemblies Totaled Nearly $140 Billion!
- Who came out on top?
- What countries were home to these companies?
- What were their total sales by region?
- How much of the industry do the Top 100 represent?
Know your competitors and know your acquisition targets. Who are the biggest companies out there in the worldwide cable assembly industry? How might they impact you or help you?
Evolving High-Speed Backplane Connectors
The market for high-speed backplane connectors continues to evolve. Although relatively few entirely new backplane connector families have been introduced over the last few years, existing flagship interfaces have continued to experience performance upgrades. In many cases, the manufacturers of these advanced connector families have spent this time implementing some fine tuning of their design as well as filling out their product family offerings to include midplane, orthogonal midplane, orthogonal direct and cable backplane options.
Bishop and Associates’ newest research report analyzes the expanding role and market for high-speed traditional, midplane, orthogonal, cable, ruggedized, and fiber optic backplane connectors designed to perform in the 6 to 50+ Gb/s arena. The report reviews the basic technology underlying high-speed backplane connectors and outlines current and anticipated applications that demand them. Detailed analysis compares performance of high-speed backplane connectors from leading suppliers, as well as the challenges designers face in predicting connector performance in very specific applications.
The report also reviews related system elements including driver and receiver technology, printed circuit board materials and design, as well as channel modeling, design support, second sourcing imperatives, and performance measurement systems.
World Market for Connectors Used in Mobile Infrastructure Equipment 2017 to 2022
The growth of mobile Internet users is undeniable. One million new mobile Internet users are added to the network every single day. While the wireless network still supports 2G and 3G, 4G will be the dominant access technology worldwide by 2018. By 2022, there will be nearly 500 million subscriptions of 5G globally.
The wireless infrastructure market is evolving. While mobile operators must maintain their 2G and 3G networks, they are also busy upgrading as much of them as they can to LTE and LTE-A now and 5G in the next few years. Thus we are now starting to see entirely new types of equipment.
The World Market for Connectors Used in Mobile Network Infrastructure Equipment report covers connectors used in telecommunications network equipment that supports mobile communications. The specific purpose of this report is to highlight likely new business opportunities for connector manufacturers. It will also discuss the various technologies being used in mobile infrastructure systems, the equipment involved and the connectivity products needed to support all of them.
Top 100 Connector Manufacturers
Did you know? In 2016, the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers Accounted for More Than 93% of the Total Electronic Connector Market!
- Who were the top 10 connector manufacturers in total sales?
- What percentage of sales did the top 10 connector manufacturers account for, the top 50 connector manufacturers?
- Which connector manufacturers had the greatest sales in the automotive sector, the industrial sector or the computer and peripherals sector?
- Who was the leader in fiber optic connector sales, RF connector sales or circular connector sales?
- By location of headquarters, in which region do the largest connector manufacturers reside?
- Which connector manufacturers showed the greatest year-over-year growth, the greatest year-over-year decline?
Providing answers to these questions and many more is Bishop & Associates newest research report, Top 100 Connector Manufacturers for 2016. A report that analyses by region, market sector and product type the top 100 connector manufacturers of 2016, this report provides detailed statistics that benchmark the leading connector manufacturers. Know the connector companies that made the greatest impact in 2016, order your copy of the Top 100 Connector Manufacturers.
The High-Speed Datacom Communications and Connectivity Market 2017 and Beyond
Is Your Company Prepared As 100G Expands in the Gigabit Market?
Is your company prepared for the changes in the Gigabit and above market? The High-Speed Data Communications Connectivity Market – 2017 and Beyond – focuses on the key issues and trends that will drive these changes.
This report analyses:
- What the shift to 40/100G means to the data center operator and the role that Fibre Channel and InfiniBand will play in this shift.
- How top-of-rack (ToR) switching is affecting the network infrastructure.
- Provides a detailed assessment of the key connector and cable assemblers in this market – Bel Connectivity, CommScope, Corning, Telegärtner, and many others – their current and anticipated products and how they compare with mega connector and cable assembler’s like Amphenol, Molex and TE Connectivity.
World Cable Assembly Market
What are the growth markets and regions for cable assemblies in the next five years?
- Which regions, markets, and cable assembly types have the highest growth prospects?
- What technical and economic trends are affecting the cable assembly industry?
- What cable assembly types are being used by market sector and region?
- Where should business investments be focused?
2017 World Cable Assembly Market, a new research report from industry leader Bishop & Associates, addresses these questions and many more. This 17-chapter, 220-page report provides a detailed analysis in US dollars for the years 2016 through 2022, by region, end-use equipment sector, and cable assembly type. Our analysis is provided numerically and graphically, allowing the reader to easily view and understand upcoming trends.
Constantly evolving technology is having a profound effect on the design and implementation of cable assemblies. Discover which cable assemblies will benefit most from this evolution and where to focus investments. Order your copy of 2017 World Cable Assembly Market now.
World Connector Market Handbook
In 2016, connectors used in the automotive end-use equipment sector accounted for 23.6% of all electronic connectors.
- How does this compare to five years ago? Ten years ago?
- How have other end-use equipment sectors performed over the last decade? How does this relate to the overall growth of the connector industry?
- Which product types gained the greatest market share and which product types lost market share?
- Which regions, product types, and end-use equipment sectors are aligned to show the most growth in 2017?
Analyzing the connector industry from 2007 through 2016, with a preliminary 2017 and 2022 forecast, Bishop & Associates newest research report, The Connector Market Handbook, details the connector industry by region, end-use equipment sector, and product type. Utilizing tables and graphs, key statistics are provided for total world, as well as by individual region. Growing 4.1% in 2016, the connector industry has gone through a number of very profitable growth years and a number of declining years.How have these changes effected the growth of individual market sectors, individual product types, and individual regions? Track and monitor the ways in which the connector industry has changed and grown over the last decade – order your copy of The World Connector Market Handbook.
Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market
After the first (mechanization), second (mass production), and third (automation) industrial revolutions, the fourth industrial revolution has arrived on our doorstep and is dubbed the “Internet of Things” (IoT). The IoT will impact every aspect of our lives and the world we live in.
- What does the Industrial Internet of Things mean for the connector market?
- Which (communication) technologies are leading the way?
- Which market sub-sectors are experiencing substantial growth due IoT implementation? Can we quantify the impact of the Industrial IoT on the connector market?
- What are regional shares and growth rates by IIoT sub-sector, for the IIoT market?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market; Industrial IoT as the Driver of Connectivity – Smart Factory – Smart Grid – Smart City examines the Industrial IoT, with a detailed analysis of three key sub-sectors of the Industrial IoT. The report provides information on available communication technologies, applications within the Industrial IoT, and current and potential opportunities for connectors. Tables are included detailing connector potential by sub-sector, region, and connector type. Like previous industrial revolutions, the Industrial IoT has the potential to bring about profound changes. Be ready for the next industrial revolution, order your copy of Digital Transformation – Industrial IoT and the Connector Market.
Medical Electronics Market for Connectors
- What trends are driving growth in the medical equipment sector? What role will demographics play in this growth and how will it affect product design and marketing? What role will technologies like robotics, 5G Ethernet, mobile health (mHealth), or artificial intelligence play in the growth of the medical equipment sector?
- Who are the major connector suppliers to the medical equipment sector and what types of connector products are they supplying? Who are the major medical equipment manufacturers? What role do government regulations play in the design, marketing, and sale of medical equipment? How do regulations affect export and import demands?
- How important are design features such as low insertion force, non-magnetic materials, polarization capabilities, and the ability to handle a variety of contact types, including power, signal, fiber, and fluid?
Bishop & Associates newest research report, Medical Electronics Market for Connectors analyzes the many aspects involved in the design, development, approval, and marketing of connectors used in the medical market. Tables are included detailing medical connector market sales by region, by medical equipment sub-sector, and by connector product type for the years 2015 through 2021, including a five-year CAGR. A market sector where failure can literally be the difference between life and death, the medical market for connectors may offer designers and manufactures numerous challenges, but the rewards will generally outweigh the challenges.
Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects
What potential effect will new and innovative technologies have on electronic interconnects in the years to come?
- What does the future hold for copper, fiber, and wireless interconnects? Will one outpace the other?
- Which innovative technologies have the potential to drastically change the traditional process for new electronic interconnect development?
- Can existing connector design and manufacturing technology produce connectors that will satisfy future application requirements via sustaining innovation?
- Will the convergence of potentially disruptive technologies appearing on the horizon begin to obsolete many traditional interconnects as we know them?
- What new technical requirements may spur the interconnect industry to take a more proactive role in the development of interconnect technology?
The evolution of connector design has traditionally followed a well-developed path. A need is recognized, a product designed, and the growth cycle begins. Will new innovations, their rate of adoption, and the technologies they represent change this path? Examining 10 potentially disruptive technologies, and their effect on traditional copper, fiber and wireless interconnect, is Bishop & Associates newest research report, Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects. Don’t let the past define your path to the future, order your copy of the Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects today.
Impact of Disruptive Innovations on Electronic Interconnects
Worldwide the third largest market sector, the computer and computer peripheral market, generated $8.4 billion in connector sales in 2017. Covering a variety of equipment types including desktop computers, mobile computers (laptops and tablets), servers, storage equipment, and computer peripherals, the computer market is presently undergoing a major change which will challenge OEMs and suppliers alike.
* What is triggering and driving this change?
* What role is cloud computing and pubic data centers playing in this change?
* How is the transfer of hardware procurement and installation changing?
* How will this change affect the traditional role of the connector manufacturer?
* What role will photonics play in future computer systems?
Bishop & Associates latest research report, Computer Market and Big Data Systems and Connectors 2017 to 2022 and Beyond provides the answers to these questions and more.
Link to order: https://store.bishopinc.com/product/computer-market-and-big-data-systems-and-connectors-2017-to-2022-and-beyond/